the

the

Tuesday 19 October 2010

The blogging equivalent of making my first white sauce (that is to say, a base from which to build)

Hi,

I guess everything has to begin somewhere, so here we go. On Sunday night it dawned on me that I wanted to write a food blog. In the general course of that evening I’d mentioned to my good buddy Sam that I’d enjoy becoming a food writer, a thought that I’d never verbalised before, but one that I suspect had been sloshing around in my cerebral juices for a while as it didn’t surprise me or him when I said it. With this in mind, during my night time pootle around some of the sites I regularly check (namely Orangette, and The English Can Cook), the realisation came to me that writing a blog could be an instant way to achieve all of the fun elements of being a food writer without any of the boring traditional bits such as getting experience and paying my dues. Consequently here we are (or at least I am for the time being).  In the future I plan to post all sorts of food related pieces on here, including recipes (both original and pilfered), reviews, and lots of pictures and links to other foody websites.
Anyway, bye for the time being, I thought I’d just get this thing started for now and wait until I have some food stuff that’s bloggable, which could well be later on today.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment